If you are having trouble setting up Auto Publish, this guide should help! First, it is important to note that to access Auto Publishing for Instagram, you need:
- Your Instagram business profile needs to be connected to a Facebook business page
- Your Instagram Business Profile must be connected to your Facebook Business Page in your Instagram Mobile app. Connecting your Instagram profile to your Facebook Page in the Page Settings on Facebook.com will not work.
- You must have admin or editor permissions to the associated Facebook business page to enable Auto Publish
- All permissions need to be granted to Later during the authentication process with Facebook.
If you're unable to authenticate your Instagram profile with a Facebook Page, it is often because Later does not have permission to view or manage all your Facebook Pages. These steps should help reset the connection between Later and Facebook to authenticate your Instagram business profile and set up Auto Publish.
Check Later permissions to Facebook:
The first thing to check is that you have granted Later the correct permissions to you Facebook Pages:
- Go to Facebook and log in with your personal profile
- Access your personal profile settings and go to Facebook Business Integrations
- Select Later and a pop up will show the permissions you have granted.
If you have not previously granted permissions to all your pages, or you are still having trouble connecting your Instagram business profile, we will need to reset your Later connection to Facebook.
How to reset Later’s connection to your Facebook:
- Remove Later from your Facebook Business Integrations (you do not need to tick the box removing Later posts)
2. Go back to Later and try connecting your Instagram business profile again
3. When prompted to give Facebook access to Later, click Choose What You Allow
4. Expand all sections and make sure all pages are selected
This should reset the connection between Later and Facebook and allow us to authenticate your business profile!
Important: If you have multiple Facebook pages connected to Later, it is important you promptly reconnect your pages to Later again after removing Later from your Business Integrations so that it does not affect your posts. Once you reconnect, your scheduled posts for Facebook and Instagram should auto publish as normal!