Benefits that come with an Instagram business profile are rooted in the fact that Instagram’s API grants access to more capabilities for business profiles than it does for personal profiles.
Once you switch to a business profile, Instagram will grant you access to native in-app features like analytics, shopping links, contact links and more!
With Later, switching from a personal profile to an Instagram business profile, means you'll unlock access to additional features and have the ability to do much more with your Later account.
Here’s what you unlock with an Instagram business profile:
#1 Auto Publishing Instagram Posts
With an Instagram business profile, you can set up Auto Publishing for single photo and video posts on Later. That means once you set up Auto Publishing for your scheduled posts, Later will automatically publish for you!
Auto Publishing only works for single photo and video posts, because Instagram does not support this feature for carousel posts. You will still need to publish those posts via Later’s notification method.
Auto Publishing is available for business profiles on all Later plans including the free plan. Learn more about how it works here.
#2 User & Location Tagging
Single image posts set up for Auto Publishing on Premium, Starter, and Brand Plans have access to user & location tagging. Video posts on Business plans have access to location tagging.
#3 Instagram Analytics
Optimize your content and grow your following with a comprehensive look into your Instagram analytics and track your referral traffic from Instagram with click analytics for Linkin.bio.
- Automatically calculate your engagement rate
- Track Instagram Stories views and engagement data for up to 3 months
- Use demographics data like age and gender to guide your content strategy
- See when your audience is most active on Instagram
#4 Managing your Instagram Comments with Conversations
Reply to all your Instagram comments right from your Later account on the web. Manage and engage your audience with ease from the comfort of your desktop, without having to leave your Later account.
Only Instagram Business profiles on Premium, Starter, or Brand Plans have access to Later’s Conversations feature.
Ready to make the switch from a personal Instagram profile to a business profile and unlock more features? Here’s how:
How to Create an Instagram Business Profile:
Now that you’re up-to-speed on the benefits of Instagram business profiles, it’s time to make the switch! Luckily, switching to an Instagram business profile is actually very simple and can be done within the mobile app:
- Go to your profile and tap the “gear” icon.
- Tap “Switch to Business Profile.”
- Select the Facebook page that you’d like to connect to your Instagram business profile. If you don’t see your Facebook business page as an option, make sure that you’re listed as an admin in the settings menu. Once the correct Facebook page appears, select it and tap “Next.”
- Make sure your profile is set to public. Private profiles can’t switch to business profiles.
- On the “Set Up Your Business Profile” page, review your business’ contact information, including your phone number, physical address, and email. Once everything looks good, tap “Done” to save your Instagram business account settings.
Now that your business account is set up, your customers can contact you directly through your profile. You can also view follower Insights and promote your posts, all within the Instagram app!
Here’s a more detailed blog post on how to set up an Instagram business profile.