What is Search and Repost?
Search and Repost is a tool to help you search for content by location, user, or hashtag and add it directly to your media library to schedule or repost into your own feed.
Later also adds photo credit text directly into the caption box for you, making the process of providing proper credit to the original Instagammer simple and easy.
What you can do with Search and Repost:
- Discover the most relevant content on Instagram
- Collect valuable content from your community
- Engage with like minded Instagram Users
- Connect with your Instagram Community
- Comment on your post from Later on the web (paid plans only)
How to use Search and Repost:
- Sign into Later on the web -- Make sure you are in the correct Group that you would like to Search & repost
- Select the Search & Repost tab. Your feed will show your most recently liked posts.
From here you can search for specific hashtags (#hashtag), users (@user), and by the posts you've liked (<3) in the search bar.
By Hashtag (#hashtag):
By Username (@username):
By Posts You've Liked:
Important: Make sure to connect with the Instagram User and ask for permission to use their photo or video (video for paid plans only)
Now, select the photo you'd like to repost click Add to Library to add the photo to your media library
Note: the captions, hashtags and mentions used by the post owner will be saved to the media item
Finally, schedule your post and publish it to your Instagram profile.
For more details, please visit this blog post.
Comment on Photos:
The ability to comment on Instagram posts is only available for paid plans.
- Select the post you'd like to comment on
- On the right hand side, type in your comment to join the conversation
- Click Post to share
- You can also like a post by selecting the heart icon.
Tips on how to connect with Instagram Users and ask permission to use a photo
Instagram's Community Guidelines clearly state that no user should repost any content without permission from the account owner.
- Comment on the photo ⟹ Add a comment on the photo you want to use with a @mention to the user. This way, they'll be notified of your comment and see that it's directed to them.
- Direct Message the person via Instagram ⟹ If you don't want everyone to see your comment, you can send the user a DM through Instagram's DM box. For users who receive a lot of comments on photos, this may be a better choice as comments tend to get lost in the stream.
- Connect with the person via email ⟹ If the user includes their email or other social media handles in their bio, it might be better to reach out to them through email over Instagram. An email appears more professional, and won't get lost in the notifications and noise on Instagram.
When you ask permission be sure to include where you want to post the photo - is it on a personal account or a brand account? - and the purpose/use of the photo. Let the user know up-front what the photo will be used for by providing all the necessary information.