What is Linkin.bio?
Linkin.bio helps you build a clickable, shoppable Instagram feed so you can direct your followers to the right content and product pages right from your Instagram bio! By adding links to your posts, you can begin to design an interactive page that is meant to look and feel just like your Instagram feed.
How it works:
- Linkin.bio is not the same as Instagram's product tagging feature. It does not tag your posts right on your Instagram profile.
- The Linkin.bio link directs followers to a mobile and web optimized landing page that displays your Instagram posts as clickable images
- Your Linkin.bio page link is available from your Instagram bio.
- Add links to posts while scheduling, or link posts that have already been published to Instagram from the Linkin.bio management page
- You can add one or multiple links to a single post
Step 1: Setup your Linkin.bio
From your content calendar, go to the Linkin.bio management page
Here you'll be taken through a set up wizard!
Click Setup to get started.
One of the first steps will be to personalize your Linkin.bio page by adding:
- An action based button at the top right corner of your Linkin.bio page: we recommend making the button's text clear, for example "Visit Website".
- Link your button: we recommend linking to your homepage, but we leave it open to your unique business needs.
- Enable/Disable Hero Image: this is an enlarged image of your last published photo to help highlight or showcase the most recent post.
Your final and most important step is to add your linkin.bio page link in your Instagram profile information.
The Linkin.bio link will need to be added into the website field. That means removing your actual website link and simply having your Linkin.bio page as your main webpage.
Your Linkin.bio link will be unique to your Instagram profile — for example "linkin.bio/localtacos"
But first, before giving your followers access to your linkin.bio page, we recommend adding links to your already published posts to populate your page!
Let's go to Step 2...
Step 2: Build your Linkin.bio page
No one likes a blank page, so before giving your followers access to your Linkin.bio page, make sure to go back and add links to your scheduled posts or to posts that are live on Instagram.
Link your scheduled posts:
From your content calendar, open your scheduled post to add the link(s) you want to direct your audience to.
You can add:
- A single link to a post
- Multiple links within a post (maximum of 5 links)
Click Save to update the changes.
Link your live Instagram posts:
If you are new to Later, or you just want to go back and add links to posts you've already published to Instagram, you can easily do that from your Linkin.bio management page.
From your Linkin.bio management page, you will see a combination of scheduled posts (clock icon) and posts that are already live on Instagram (Instagram icon).
To add a link to a post that has already been posted on Instagram, select the image and from there you can:
- add a single link to a post
- add multiple links within 1 post (maximum of 5 links)
Click Add to Linkin.bio to finish and set the post live on your Linkin.bio page.
Once you have added links to past posts, you can check out what your Linkin.bio page looks like!
Note: Multi-photo and video posts will only appear as the first photo/cover on your linkin.bio page.
Step 3: Add your Linkin.bio link in your Instagram Profile
Important: This step is necessary for your linkin.bio page to work!
You can find your linkin.bio URL from your management page:
Step 4: Enable Google Analytics UTM Tracking
If you're already using Google Analytics to track conversion and sales, you can enable Later's UTM tracking code to make the tracking process easier.
Important: if you are already adding your own UTM codes to the links, you do not need to enable Later's UTM codes. These will cancel each other out, interfering with proper tracking.
From your Linkin.bio management page, click Advanced Settings on the right side menu.
And you're done!
With your Linkin.bio page helping you drive more sales and traffic from your Instagram to your product pages, it’s important to monitor the clicks and visits your Linkin.bio page generates over time.
You can find out more about Linkin.bio Analytics here.