In this Article:
- The Later mobile app is available for download on iOS and Android only.
- The Android mobile app is not yet available in all countries.
- Instagram business profiles don’t need the Later mobile app to Auto Publish single-image and video posts.
- Instagram creator and personal profiles need the Later mobile app to complete account setup and publish posts through push notifications.
When You Need the Later Mobile App
Due to limitations from Instagram, certain posts must be published through push notifications from the Later mobile app.
- Instagram creator and personal profiles can only publish posts through push notifications.
- Multi-Photo (carousel) posts and Instagram stories can only be published through push notifications.
- When publishing via push notifications, Instagram requires you to publish from their mobile app, not from the web.
What You Can Do with the Later Mobile App
Upload, Plan, and Schedule Posts
In Later’s iOS or Android app, you can:
- Bulk upload media from your mobile device to your Media Library.
- Schedule posts to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Plan the look of your Instagram feed using the Visual Instagram Planner.
- Download high-resolution media from your Media Library.
- Manage your mobile notifications.
Publish Posts to Instagram
If you’ve scheduled a Notification Post, Later will send you a push notification when it’s time to publish your post. Here’s how to publish your post:
- Make sure you’re logged into the correct Instagram profile.
- Open the notification.
- Tap Open in Instagram.
- Select Copy to Instagram (iOS only).
- The post will open in Instagram.
- Select Feed to post to your Instagram feed.
- Crop your media and add filters if you want.
- Tap in the caption field and select Paste to paste in the caption we automatically copied for you.
- Tag people or add a location if you want.
- Tap Share to publish your post.