Although Instagram now allows Instagram business profiles to auto publish single image posts, all Later users will still need to download the Later mobile app. Here’s why:
- Carousel posts are still required to publish via mobile notifications (available on paid plans).
- All personal Instagram profiles are still required to publish via mobile notifications.
- When publishing via mobile notifications, Instagram requires you to publish from their mobile app, not from the web.
Important: These are the limitations on Instagram’s API (application programming interface). When Instagram makes updates to their API, Later will make changes.
Here's what you can do with the Later mobile app!
Upload, plan and schedule posts from the Later Mobile App
From your Later Mobile App (IOS and Android) you can:
- Bulk upload media to your Media Library.
- Schedule posts to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest (iOS/Android).
- Plan the look of your Instagram feed and rearrange the order with our Visual Planner.
- Manage your mobile notifications.
Publish to Instagram via the Later mobile app:
Whether you are publishing videos, carousel posts, or want to have a final look before your post goes out to Instagram to add a tag, filters or location, Later can help you easily and safely publish to Instagram via mobile notifications!
- When it's time to post, we send a mobile notification to your phone.
- Open the Notification.
- First go to Instagram and make sure you’re logged into the right profile.
- When you are ready, hit Open in Instagram.
- The post will open in Instagram. Here you can add filters, select the video cover photo, and so on!
- From the caption field, long press and hit Paste to paste in the caption we automatically copied for you.
- Click Share
Don’t forget to check out Later on desktop, you can:
- Upload, store and organize all your photos with your Media Library.
- Schedule a week (or month!) of posts.
- Plan your Instagram feed with the Visual Instagram Planner.
- Check out your Instagram Analytics.