In this Article:
What are Groups?
Later Groups help you manage access to your photos, videos, and Instagram accounts within Later. Now you can have multiple Media Libraries, so you don’t have to share your photos and videos with all your Instagram accounts and team members.
Here’s how groups work:
- You can easily transfer media between Groups or bulk upload new media to build an exclusive inventory of photos and videos.
- A team member can help manage multiple Groups, but must be invited to access a Group’s Media Library, social profiles, and Calendar. This helps restrict access to sensitive media and social profiles.
- Media items are attached to a Group and not to a social profile. When moving social profiles between Groups, only the posts will move, not the media.
Can I Create Groups?
Groups is available for paid plans only. If you’re already on a paid plan, just go to Later on the web to start creating your first Group! If you’re on a free plan check out a plan that’s right for you!
Now that you have access, let’s create your first Group!
Step 1: Create a Group
- Only the Account Owner can create a Group. Team Members will not be able to do this.
Create multiple groups to organize your Media Library by social profiles and team member access.
1. From Later on the web, go to your Calendar
2. At the bottom left corner of the menu click the Group Selector. This is your default Group or Main Group.
3. Click Manage My Groups to go to Social Profiles & Groups.
4. Click Create New Group and name your Group.
5. Add a profile picture to your group to easily distinguish and toggle between groups. Simply click EDIT beside the group’s name and click on the Group avatar to add a photo and Save.
Step 2: Add Social Profiles to your Group
Create a Group to manage access to your photos and videos, and separate media by social profiles.
1. From the Social Profiles tab click Add Social Profile.
2. Choose one of the two options:
- Add a new social profile.
- Transfer a social profile from another Group.
Note: If you manage multiple Instagram accounts with the same login information, make sure to sign in with the username of the profile you want to add.
Tip: If you’re having trouble adding a new social profile, try adding the social profile from an incognito or private browser window.
Important: When moving existing social profiles to a new group, only the scheduled posts will be copied over to the Group’s calendar. To move old media between groups you will need to Transfer the media over.
Step 3: Invite Team Members
Invite team members to collaborate in a Group! Remember, your team members will only have access to the photos, videos and social profiles connected to the Groups you invite them to.
Note: Initially, your default Group will be accessible to all of your team members. If you have sensitive media in your default Group make sure to remove team members from the Social Profiles & Groups page.
Inviting existing team members:
- Go to Settings > Social Profiles & Groups.
- Click Details next to the relevant Group and select the Team Members tab.
- Click Assign Team Members.
Finally, select Assign beside the name of the team member you’d like to invite to this group.
Adding new team members:
To invite a brand new team member to help manage your social profiles:
- Go to Settings > Team Members.
- Click Add Team Member and add their name and email
- Click Send Invite. This will send your team member an email invite to Later.
4. To finish, go back to the Group by clicking Social Profiles & Groups from the side menu and clicking Details next to the relevant group.
5. Once in the Group select Team Members > Assign Team Member and select the relevant member.
Tip: You can remove team members from any Group at any time. Simply go to the Group, select the Team Member tab and click Remove beside the team member’s name.
Step 4: Manage Multiple Groups with One Later Account
Create multiple Groups to efficiently manage your social profiles and strategically collaborate with multiple teams.
Our dashboard makes it simpler and more intuitive to manage Groups of social profiles. Just switch between groups, add media, and schedule.
Switch Between Groups from the Dashboard
All of your groups will contain their own:
- Media Library
- Social Profile(s)
- List of team members with access
To switch between Groups, click the Group Selector in the bottom left of the sidebar.
Once you’re in the right Group, you can bulk upload all your photos and videos to build an exclusive Media Library, schedule your week of posts, or manage the Group’s social profiles and user permissions.
Transfer Media Between Groups
We’ve designed an efficient way for you to transfer media between your Groups. That way you don’t have to upload your old media all over again.
- Go to the Group that contains the media you want to transfer.
- Go to Media Library.
- Select the media items you want to move.
- Click the Move button and select the Group you’d like to transfer the media to and confirm.