- Video uploads and posts are only available on paid plans.
The Basics on Video Uploads
Here’s what you need to know about uploading videos to Later:
- Size: Upload videos up to 512Mb in size.
- Length: Instagram requires all videos to be between 3 and 60 seconds long, but you can trim longer videos in Later.
- Aspect Ratio: Auto Publish videos must have an aspect ratio between 1.91:1 and 4:5
- Number: Upload unlimited videos to your Media Library. One video post equals one post.
- Formats: Later supports most formats, including MP4, QuickTime, 3GP, AAC, AVI and MPEG-2.
- GIFs: Instagram doesn’t support GIFs, but you can add them to your Media Library to post to Twitter.
- Cover Photo: Select the thumbnail cover when scheduling for Auto Publish or publishing via mobile notification.
- Editing: Crop videos and trim them for length in Later on the web. Videos can’t be edited in Later’s iOS or Android apps.
- Scheduling: Schedule videos posts through Later on the web or Later’s iOS and Android apps.
- Publishing: Videos can be Auto Published or published through mobile Notifications.
Troubleshooting Video Uploading Issues
Having trouble uploading your video to Later? Try these tips:
- If you’re uploading from Google Drive or Dropbox, download the video to your computer first and then upload it from there.
- Try uploading through another browser.
- Make sure you don’t have a pop-up blocker on your browser, as it can interfere with uploads.
- Try converting your file to another supported file type (MP4, QuickTime, 3GP, AAC, AVI and MPEG-2).
- Make sure your video isn’t exported in Apple ProRes format.
- Test your internet connection. Upload speeds under 10Mbps are too weak to upload videos.