Publishing to Instagram needs to be done on a mobile device, as Instagram requires you to post through their app unless you're auto publishing, which has it's own limits. We're considering removing the need for our mobile app if users only wish to auto publish posts - you can upvote that feature here.
Later sends you a mobile push notification at the time you scheduled the post on your mobile phone or tablet (iOS or Android) and opens the post in Instagram ready for you to post.
Here’s how to enable mobile notifications on your mobile device, tablet, or iPad so you can start publishing your scheduled content.
Setting up notifications on iOS
To enable Later mobile notifications on your iPhone or iPad:
- Go to your device's Settings
- Go to Notification Settings
- Find the Later icon
- Select the notifications you’d like to receive
IMPORTANT: If you're an IOS user you may want to add the notifications as Alerts. Banners flash and then disappear quickly, so you may miss your notification!
Setting up notifications for Android devices:
Unlike iOS, settings on each Android device can look a little different. Here are general instructions to enable Later mobile notifications on Androids:
- Go to your phone Settings
- Go to "Apps, Notifications, Permissions" or "App Notifications" or "Apps"
- Find Later icon and go to the Apps Settings section
- Make sure that notifications are enabled
Setting up notifications from Later on the Web
To enable Later mobile notifications on the web or to send a test notification:
- Sign in to Later on the Web
- Go to Settings > Social Profiles and Groups
- Locate the Group that contains the social profile you'd like to enable notifications for and click Details
- Click Edit next to the relevant social profile
- Click Devices to Notify
Here you will see a list of all the devices connected to your Later Account. Simply select the device(s) you'd like to be notified on when it's time to post.