July 11 - Twitter Outage [Resolved]
Last Updated: July 11 1:40PM PST
Starting 12:00PM PST, Twitter began experiencing server outages. This outage impacted your ability to:
- publish scheduled Tweets
- Add Twitter profiles to your Later account
As of 1:40PM PST, Twitter's servers are now back and up running.
Thank you for your patience.
July 10th 2019 - Upgrading/Cancelling Later Plans Outage [Resolved]
Last updated: July 10th 4:00 PM PST
Starting July 10th at 2:00PM PST our billing provider Stripe began experiencing an outage. This means all checkout related actions were down on Later.
During this downtime you may have experienced troubles:
- Upgrading to a paid plan
- Changing from one paid plan to another
- Cancelling a paid plan
At 4:00 PM PST all systems were back up and running. Please refresh the page and head back to Later on desktop to continue your checkout.
Thanks for waiting while we worked with Stripe to get everything fixed!
July 3rd - Social Network Outages: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest [Resolved]
Last Updated: July 3rd 4:00 PM PST
As of 7:00 PM EST all systems including Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest are back up and running.
Please login to your Later account and check your social profiles and posts for the following:
- If your profile is showing up as expired please make sure to refresh it to reestablish connection.
- If your posts failed to publish or are in an unpublished state please reschedule them to a preferred time.
- If during the outage you were unable to schedule, please try again.
Instagram/Facebook Outage Summary [Resolved]
Starting July 3rd at 9:30 AM EST Instagram and Facebook’s servers went down. This meant that Instagram and all Instagram partners including Later were affected.
The outage impacted Instagram’s and Facebook’s ability to load/process images correctly. While the servers were down you may have experienced issues:
- Publishing posts via mobile notifications
- Auto Publish posts will publish, but the images will appear broken in Instagram
- The following features unavailable: Instagram Analytics, Collect Features, Visual Planner, Share Calendar, Conversations.
As of now, Instagram and Facebook are functioning
Pinterest Outage Summary [Resolved]
Starting at around 6:00 AM EST, Later began experiencing Pinterest outages. Pinterest is now fixed and posts should be publishing normally.
You may have experienced the following issues with Pinterest profiles:
- Pinterest profile connections with Later are expired
- Refreshing the Pinterest connection with Later is unavailable
- Pinterest posts cannot be scheduled nor published
Please refresh your Pinterest profile and continue scheduling and publishing.
Thank you for your collaboration!
June 13th - Instagram Outage [Resolved]
Last Updated: June 13th 4:00 PM PST
Starting at 2:30 PM PST Instagram began experiencing an outage. This affected all Instagram users and Instagram partners including Later. During this downtime you may have experienced issues:
- signing in with Instagram
- automatically publishing to Instagram
- connecting or refreshing Instagram Business profiles
- analytics data may be missing during this time
- location or user tagging unavailable
- troubles accessing Search and Repost, Conversations, Visual Planner, Hashtag suggestions, Best time to Post.
The great news is Instagram servers are now back up and running 🎉 If your post failed to automatically publish please reschedule.
We appreciate your collaboration!
May 6th 2019 - Issues Publishing to Facebook Pages [Resolved]
Last Updated: May 6th 8:00 PM PST
Starting at 3:00 PM PST time Facebook partners began experiencing issues publishing to Facebook pages. During this downtime your Facebook post would have failed to automatically publish.
Around 5:30 PM PST all servers were back up and running normally.
Later will now retry to automatically publish all Facebook posts affected during the outage. To prevent your posts from publishing at an unexpected time, please reschedule your posts.
We appreciate your patience!
April 26th: Troubles Connecting Instagram Business Profiles [Resolved]
Last Updated: April 27th 12:30 PM PST
Facebook's servers are functioning normally. If you experienced troubles connecting or refreshing your Instagram business profile on Later please try again.
During this downtime you may have experienced troubles:
- refreshing your Instagram business profile with Later
- connecting your Instagram business profile to auto publish
- Instagram Auto publish posts may fail if your Instagram credentials are expired
- troubles connecting business profile from Search and Repost or Conversations feature
If your auto publish post failed during this downtime please refresh your Instagram connection and reschedule the post to Auto Publish.
April 12th: Auto Publish Posts Failing to Publish [Resolved]
Last Updated: April 19th 1:30 PM PST
On April 18th Instagram released an update to ensure all auto publish posts are published successfully.
Please resume scheduling your Auto Publish posts and adding the desired location or user tags.
What happened during the outage?
Between April 11th-18th Instagram was having intermittent issues
automatically publishing scheduled posts. This affected all Instagram partners that use the Instagram API to automatically publish.
You may have experienced issues automatically publishing, posts publishing later than expected, or posts left in an unpublished state.
During this time, Later discovered that posts with a location tag were more likely to fail to automatically publish. To help reduce the chance of posts failing Later began:
- removing the location tag and attempting to republish your post. Most posts went out successfully.
- Sending out mobile notifications to help you manually publish posts that failed to automatically publish.
On April 18th a fix was released and Later began to see a high success rate of auto publish posts publishing on time.
Updated: April 4th 1:30 PM PST
As of March 29th you may be experiencing either of the following issues:
- While creating a new Later account you receive the error “Could not authenticate you from Instagram because "The user denied your request."
- While adding a new Instagram profile to Later you receive the error “you are already signed in”
The following issue is specific to users located in non-english speaking countries. As a temporary fix, Later is automatically switching the unique Instagram login browser page to English. Please go back to Later and try to create an account or add Instagram profile again.
We contacted Instagram to bring a long term solution, however it may take some time to resolve this from their end. For now the Later team has released the temporary fix to allow you to move forward with sign up or adding a new Instagram profile.
Thank you for your time and patience.
March 29th 1:00 PM PST: Auto Publish posts failing to publish [Update: Resolved]
Update: March 30th 8:30 AM PST
Instagram Auto Publish posts may have failed to publish due to an error coming from Instagram. If your Later mobile notifications were enabled you may have received a notification to inform you the post failed and prompted you to publish manually.
On March 30th at 6:30 AM PST the issue was resolved. This means your posts may have failed to publish automatically or gone out later than expected .
If your scheduled post continues to fail, please reschedule the posts and try again. Going forward all scheduled posts should publish normally.
Thank you for your time and patience.
March 13th 9:21 AM PST: Instagram and Facebook Outage [Update: Resolved]
Instagram and Facebook servers are now recovering from an outage which started on March 13th 9:21 AM PST. We expect things to be back up and running in the next 24hrs!
Later will now try to auto publish posts which failed to post during the outage. This could mean your posts may have published later than expected. In the case your post experiences an error or continues to fail, please rescheduled and try again.
During the down time the following features may have been affected:
- Instagram sign in - Use Later email and password to login.
- Auto Publish posts fail to publish - Reschedule your post and try again.
- Connecting Instagram business profiles - Try again.
- Refreshing your Instagram or Facebook credentials - Try again.
- Conversations, Preview, Linkin.bio, Analytics, Share Calendar, Best Time to Post, Search and Repost, Hashtag Suggestions, User or Location tagging may not load.
March 4th 4:15PM PST: Auto Publish Post Failed due to Connection Issue between Later and Instagram
Starting March 2nd 2019 Later experienced an unexpected number of unsupported post request errors causing Instagram Auto Publish posts to fail. Most cases are caused by a connection error between Instagram and Later.
Follow the steps below to fix the immediate issue and in the meantime the Later team will work to resolve the root causes to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.
Follow these steps to fix.
Feb 27th 2:28PM PST [Update: Resolved]
We were experiencing some issues that affected certain users and features temporarily. Everything should now be working as expected — thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this for you.
Feb 1st 4:45PM PST: Issues with Connecting to Facebook Pages [Update: Resolved]
We were experiencing trouble connecting with Facebook Pages. The following functions were temporarily down:
- Connecting Business Profiles for Auto Publishing
- Connecting a Facebook Page
- Refreshing Auto Publishing Credentials
Everything should now be working properly. Thank you for your patience while we resolved this issue.
Feb 1st 2:30PM PST: Location tagging is down [Update: Resolved]
We were experiencing an issue with location tagging. This affected adding locations while scheduling posts.
Jan 28th 5 PM PST: Instagram Server Troubles [Update: Resolved]
Instagram's servers were temporarily down; this will affect some of Later's features:
- Posts may go out later than intended
- Conversations, Preview, and Linkin.bio, Analytics, Search and Repost may load slower than usual while the servers recover
The servers are now back up and running!
Jan 21st: Slow Website Performance
We are temporarily experiencing slower than expected website performance. We are actively working to resolve the issue and will update here once the issue is resolved!
Dec 13th: Problems Uploading Media
We've had some issues with Media uploads between about 10:30-11:30am PST with an error message: "Upload Failed. Reason: No model was found for submission".
This has been resolved! Please refresh your page and try again.
Nov 20th: Instagram and Facebook Server Troubles
Facebook and Instagram's servers are temporarily partially down; this will affect a number of Later's features while they're experiencing troubles:
- Posts may go out later than intended
- Conversations, Preview, and Linkin.bio may experience outages
Don't worry, posts will be retried and features will be working again as Instagram's servers recover!
For more information, please visit Instagram's Twitter @instagram
Nov 9th 10:45 PST - Instagram 500 Error (Noon PST Update)
Instagram's servers were temporarily down; this means that posts could not be published for about 30 minutes-- but don't worry! We published posts once Instagram returned
Your posts may have gone live slightly later than scheduled
August 29th: Pinterest Publishing Interruption -- Restored!
We experienced an interruption within Pinterest's servers; we notified them of the problem and it was quickly fixed! Posts should be retrying and posting now that things are back to normal.
August 2nd: Instagram's Auto Publishing Service is Down (5:30pm PST Update) - Restored 7:00 PM PST
Instagram's auto publishing service is still temporarily down; this means that posts cannot be published at the moment.
Once Instagram's auto publishing service is back live, we will re-try publishing posts.
Until Instagram resolves this outage, please use notification publishing to publish posts.
Thank you so much for your patience while we wait for Instagram to resolve this.
July 21: Instagram Auto Publishing Interruption - Resolved
On July 21st, Instagram’s servers went down. This meant that Later was not able to establish a connection with your Instagram account. You may have experienced:
- Auto Publish connection disabled - to fix go to the correct group from Social Profiles & Groups page and click "Connect Business Profile"to re-enable Auto Publish your connection
- Auto Publish posts may have failed to publish - to fix go to the correct group from Social Profiles & Groups page to refresh your connection and re-schedule posts from Later on the web.
We're sorry for the troubles and thank you for your patience and cooperation, we really appreciate it!
July 13th 12:30PM PST - Instagram 500 Error - Resolved
Instagram's servers seem to be up and running again. Posts scheduled for Auto Publish should now automatically re-try to publish.
A quick refresh of Later should allow you to access Later's Instagram features as per normal.
Thank you for your patience while Instagram resolved this!
July 13th 12PM PST - Instagram 500 Error
Instagram's servers are temporarily down; this means that posts cannot be published at the moment -- but don't worry! We will continuously try to re-publish your auto published posts, and they will be published once Instagram has returned. All other Instagram-related features of Later will not work until this is resolved.
This is usually a quick resolution, so hold tight!
June 29th 4:30 AM PST - Instagram Auto Publishing Interrupted - Resolved
- Issue with instagram auto publish & related features has been resolved
2. You will need to re-enable “auto publish” on some of your posts you have scheduled
3. You may even need to reconnect credentials
(you'll receive a prompt to reconnect credentials if needed)
June 26th 3:00 PM PST - Instagram Auto Publishing Interrupted
Updated: June 27th 10:00 PM PST
Facebook Pages are currently able to be added properly; we're hopeful all functionalities will be restored soon, and thank you for your patience!
We are currently working closely with Facebook and Instagram to resolve the interruption for auto publishing.
Until this is resolved, we will continue to send push notifications for posts scheduled to Instagram.
Some Facebook services are also impacted due to this interruption, as Instagram is owned by Facebook; we appreciate your patience as we work with Instagram and Facebook to resolve this!
We have changed posts to be posted via our notification method, rather than auto publishing, and have temporarily disabled the creation of auto published posts while we are experiencing this interruption in auto publishing.
Resolving this issue is currently our top priority. We’re in contact with Instagram to resolve this issue; please check this page every 3 hours for a status update.
Later has been experiencing issues publishing to Instagram as of June 26th 11:00 AM PST. We expect to have this resolved within the next 24 hours.
Currently these are the impacted Later services:
- Automatically publish posts to Instagram business profiles
- Adding Facebook business pages to Later
- Later’s Conversations feature.
To continue scheduling and publishing to Instagram please schedule your posts as Notification posts. For posts that already scheduled to Auto Publish, please follow these steps:
- Go to later on desktop and open your Instagram calendar
- Click to open each scheduled post you currently have for the week
- Click the “Auto” button drop-down and switch to “Notification”
- Click Save to update
We are working around as fast as possible to have a resolution for you.
12 June 2018 - Instagram Server Down (Fixed by Instagram).
Instagram is experiencing intermittent issue which are affecting Later's features.
Features affected: Auto publish posts, Visual Instagram Planner, Conversations, Analytics, Search and Repost, Auto complete and Suggested hashtags.
Stay up to date here or go to Instagram's Twitter for further updates.
03 May 2018 - Search and Repost was temporarily down - Resolved.
You may have experienced trouble adding posts to your media library from search and repost.
This has now been resolved!
10 April 2018 - Troubles loading Later.com on sign in page (Chrome and Firefox) - Resolved
You could experience issues:
- Signing into Later account
- Page continuing to load
14 September 2017 - Amazon S3 outage - Resolved
Some users could be experiencing issues with Later due to an Amazon S3 outage.
You could experience issues with:
- Analytics Reports
- Uploading photos and videos
- Downloading photos & videos during post process
- Linkin.bio pages not loading correctly.
Amazon is currently working on this issue and hopes to have it resolved shortly.
February 28th 2017 - Amazon S3 Outage - Resolved.
Our system is currently down due to an outage from Amazon. This outage is causing issues for a number of sites (Slack, Dropbox, Trello, plus many others) including ours. This is mostly related to the processing of images so any actions related to images on Later will likely not work.
We will continue to update this page as often as possible with further information and status updates. We thank you for your patience.
Update Feb 28th, 3:30 PM PST
- We're still working on the issue, waiting for Amazon to fully restore it's services and the queue of images that are being processed on Later.
Update Feb 28th, 4:25 PM PST
- We've seen a reduced number of errors on Later - Currently we see that our systems are up and running. If you're still having issues please email us at email@example.com
Update Feb 29th, 10:15 AM PST
- All of Amazon's services have been fixed. You should now be able to upload, schedule and post your images with Later.
Issues you may have experienced:
1. Upload Photos & Videos from Later on the web or Later App.
2. Media items not loading on the Side Library or Media Library.
3. Scheduling and cropping posts.
4. iOS App - When opening scheduled post in Instagram you may receive the following error message: Image Download Error
Here's a solution: Go to Later app > Schedule page > Find the post in Ready Post and click "Post Now" to try again.
5. App crash when opening post in Instagram.
6. Adding photos/videos from Search & Repost from Later on the web or mobile app.