With Later's media library you can bulk upload your media (videos and images) in high resolution, including landscape and portrait images.
Recommended for Notification Posts:
- Instagram's recommended image size is 1080x1080 px, however we do support images as small as 640 x 640 px
- With a free plan you can upload a media item 5 MB in size.
- Paid plans will be 20 MB
- PNG (best for Graphics) and JPG (best for photographs) formats
Required for Instagram Auto Publish posts:
These are Instagram's limitations.
- Maximum file size: 8MB
- We support JPEG, PNG, BMP, and non-animated GIFs
- Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio range
- Minimum resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum resolution: 1920x1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
- The colour profile of the image should be SRGB*
Note: On Instagram, you can share photos and videos with aspect ratios between 1.91:1 and 4:5. In grid view on your profile, photos shared as a portrait or landscape will appear as a center-cropped square.
*In Photoshop or Lightroom the standard colour profile is ProPhoto RGB, which is recommended for editing. Instagram however doesn’t support this colour profile, and if you use it your images could show up with dulled colours or look washed out.
To prevent dull colours, you should:
- Save your image in its full colour profile to ensure you have a copy.
- Click Edit, followed by Convert to Profile and choose an SRGB colour profile.
- Save the image again and use this version of your image for Instagram posts!