First let's make sure you have all the requirements to set up Auto Publish for Instagram:
- From the Facebook business page check that the Instagram Business profile is connected to the right Facebook Business page.
- From the Instagram mobile app, check that the Instagram Business profile is connected to the same Facebook Business page as above. Go to the Instagram mobile app > Profile > Edit Profile > Page section.
- From Facebook Page Roles, you have admin or editor permissions to the associated Facebook business page.
- When setting up Auto Publish, you granted Later all permissions during the authentication process with Facebook.
If you checked off all of. the requirements and still cannot set up Auto Publish for Instagram, often it's because Later does not have all of the necessary permission to view or manage all your Facebook pages.
The steps below should help reset the connection between Later and Facebook to authenticate your Instagram Business profile and set up Auto Publish.
How to reset Later’s connection to your Facebook:
First, remove Later from your Facebook:
1. Go to Facebook.com and log in with your personal profile
2. Access your personal profile settings and go to Facebook Business Integrations
(Settings > Business Integrations)
3. Select Later and click Remove (you don't need to tick the box to remove Later posts)
Second, reconnect Later to your Facebook:
1. Go back to Later
2. Connect your Instagram Business profile here
(Settings > Social Profiles & Groups > Details)
3. Click the Details button and then click Connect Instagram Business Profile, you'll then be prompted to give Facebook access to Later
4. Important: Click Choose what you allow and grant Later all permissions to all pages (make sure you expand all sections & select all pages)
This should reset the connection between Later and Facebook and allow us to authenticate your Instagram Business profile!
Important: If you have multiple Facebook pages connected to Later, it is important you promptly reconnect your pages to Later again after removing Later from your Business Integrations so that it does not affect your posts. Once you reconnect, your scheduled posts for Facebook and Instagram should Auto Publish as normal!