Later’s new and improved Instagram Analytics let you monitor trends in your Instagram’s overall performance, measure weekly and monthly growth, and discover which of your posts are driving the most engagement. Plus, if you’ve designed a shoppable Instagram feed with Linkin.bio, you can track the total number of visits and clicks to your website from Instagram!
- This feature is available for Instagram business profiles only, and can only be accessed on the web, not on mobile.
- Your Instagram Analytics' data will become consistent from the time you upgrade onwards. Analytics data is collected for 3 months.
- Please note that not all Analytics data will be displayed for users on Later’s free plan, including impressions, reach, and saves in the Post Performance tab. To access all of the analytics data we offer, upgrade to a paid plan and ensure that you have an Instagram Business profile connected.
- Due to Instagram limitations, Instagram business profiles with fewer than 100 followers won’t see audience demographics, including age, gender, location, and language.
Access Your Analytics Dashboard:
From the left side menu go to your Analytics page. You can switch which social profile's analytics you are viewing at the top of the page:
Note: Analytics are only available for Instagram and Pinterest
Overview Instagram Analytics on Later:
Free plans get access to an Analytics Lite dashboard that includes:
- Total number of posts made on the profile
- Current follower count and the number of accounts you follow
- Linkin.bio clicks
- A highlight of your top 5 best performing posts with the number of likes, comments, and Linkin.bio clicks
Paid plans get access to Analytics Pro with increased insights, engagement, performance, and follower growth information. Later's Instagram Analytics have an adjustable date selector, so you can narrow down your analytics to a specific date range.
Here's a comprehensive list of what's included in the Instagram analytics overview dashboard in Analytics Pro:
Profile Growth & Discovery
- Profile clicks
- Website clicks
- Linkin.bio clicks
Note: Instagram Analytics users will also retain the free analytics features.
You'll receive an extra engagement rate figure in your top 5 performing posts area.
The engagement rate is calculated by adding your likes and comments on a post, divided by the number of followers you had when posted. To make it easy, engagement = (likes + comments) / followers.
Audience Instagram Analytics (Paid Plans Only):
Followers Online Activity
Take a look at your followers online activity to determine when they're most likely to engage with your content.
Understand your audience demographics based on gender and age.
Important: Instagram business profiles with fewer than 100 followers won’t see gender and age demographics due to Instagram limitations.
Location & Language
See where your audience live and what languages they speak.
Important: Instagram business profiles with fewer than 100 followers won’t see location and language demographics due to Instagram limitations.
Post Performance Instagram Analytics:
See the performance details of your posts. Paid plans can see post performance from the last 3 months, including detailed charts for each post. Free plans can see post performance for the last 30 posts.
- Post date
- Linkin.bio clicks
Story Performance Instagram Analytics (Paid Plans Only):
See the performance details for your stories over time.
Click the Details button to view performance charts for each story. Discover your story’s performance over a 24 hour period from the time it was published.
Hashtag Analytics (Business Plans Only):
- Hashtag Analytics are offered for Instagram only.
- This does not include hashtags used in Instagram Story or Video posts.
- This includes the first 30 hashtags from each post and its comments.
- A maximum of 50 posts will be displayed for the last 30 days.
- Hashtag stats are based on the median of the data collected.
Click the Details button to view a hashtag's post performance, usage frequency, details, and stats!
Missing some of your Analytics data? Check out this guide on why that might be.