The Instagram API is changing on December 11th, 2018, which restricts the use of Later’s Search & Repost feature.
Here’s all the changes that you need to know:
- Search & Repost will be available for Instagram business profiles only. You will now have to connect your Instagram Business profile to Later to use Search & Repost.
- You will only be able to search a maximum of 30 unique hashtags per Instagram account in a rolling 7 day window
Note: If you search for the same hashtag more than once, don’t worry -- it will only count as one hashtag search for that period!
- Only Instagram posts published in the last 24 hours will show up in your search result
- You can no longer search by user or location, only hashtags.
- Search & Repost will no longer be available on the Later Android App.
- You will still be able to search video and carousel posts.
Note: Carousel posts will only show the first image in the sequence, and video is for paid plans only!
- Autocomplete of hashtags will no longer be available, so make sure you type the exact hashtag you’re searching for!
- You will no longer see the number of posts for a hashtag.
- Search & Repost can't automatically add in the original Instagram username for photo credit in your caption.
Note: You will have to copy it over to your caption from the original post provided as a link on the post in Search & Repost.
- Username mentions in the original post's caption will not include an '@' in the collected content, be sure to add this if you would like to re-mention the user in your repost.