The Instagram API changed on Dec. 11, 2018, which restricts the use of Later’s Search by Hashtag feature.
Here’s what changed:
- Search by Hashtag is available for Instagram business profiles only. You have to connect your Instagram Business profile to Later to use Search by Hashtag.
- You can only search a maximum of 30 unique hashtags per Instagram account in a rolling 7-day window. Note: If you search for the same hashtag more than once, it will only count as one hashtag search for that period.
- Only Instagram posts published in the last 24 hours will show up in your search results.
- You can no longer search by user or location, only hashtags.
- Search by Hashtag is not available on the Later Android or iOS app.
- You can still search video and carousel posts, but video is for paid plans only.
- Autocomplete of hashtags is no longer available, so make sure you type the exact hashtag you’re searching for.
- You will no longer see the number of posts for a hashtag.
- @mentions of other users in the original post’s caption won’t include the “@” in your collected content, so be sure to add the “@” if you want to re-mention users in your repost.