How to schedule a video:
- Drag and drop your video from your side library into your Calendar.
- Add your caption and adjust the time/date of the video if desired.
- If necessary, click Edit on the top left hand side and trim the video.
- Select Auto Publish or Notification.
- Click Save.
If you’re Auto Publishing your video from the Later desktop app, you’ll also have the option to select your video thumbnail cover!
Note: Choosing the thumbnail cover can only be done from the Later desktop app and not the mobile app.
To choose your video thumbnail cover:
- After selecting Auto Publish for your video, choose the option Thumbnail Cover.
- Next, you can choose which frame from your video you’d like to show up as the cover image on Instagram.
- Click Update Cover.
- Click Save.
To trim your video post:
If your video is too long to publish to Instagram automatically or if you would like to trim it down, you can now do this in Later.
To access the video trimmer:
- Schedule a video post to Instagram
- click Edit in the top right corner of the video
This opens the video trimmer for you to adjust the length of your video post.
Videos scheduled for Auto Publishing must be within Instagram’s publishing guidelines:
- between 3 - 60 seconds in length.
- the aspect ratio of the video must be between 4:5 to 1.91:1.
You can edit the crop and choose a cover thumbnail for videos scheduled with Notification publishing once the image has been opened in the Instagram app.
To learn more about the difference between Auto and Notification publishing, click here.