Use your Pinterest business account to schedule video Pins to your boards!
- Pinterest video scheduling is only available on Later’s paid plans.
- Only Pinterest business accounts in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand can schedule video Pins.
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Video Pins are subject to approval by Pinterest.
- Video Pins are submitted to Pinterest for review at their scheduled time.
- Pinterest takes 24 to 48 hours to review video Pins.
- If you need your video Pin to go out by a certain date, schedule it for 24 to 48 hours before this date to allow time for approval by Pinterest.
Pinterest Video Format
Pinterest supports videos that are:
- 4 seconds to 15 minutes long and up to 2GB in size.
- mp4, mov, and m4v files and H.264 or H.265 encoding.
- Standard video sizes, including widescreen (16:9), square (1:1), and vertical (9:16, 4:5, 2:3).
- In English, French, or German (until they add support for more languages).
Scheduling a Video Pin
- From Later on the web, select your Pinterest profile from your Calendar page.
- Drag and drop a video from your side library onto your Calendar.
- Select the board you want to post the video to by searching for the board’s name or scrolling through the list.
- Click Edit to crop the video and trim it for length.
- Select a thumbnail cover for the video.
- Write a description for the video.
- Add the full URL that the video links to (Pinterest doesn’t allow redirects or URL shorteners).
- Change the scheduled time if needed and hit Save to schedule your video.
Tip: If you want your video Pin to go out by a certain date, schedule it for 24 to 48 hours before this date to allow time for approval by Pinterest.
Example: If you need your video Pin to go out by Aug. 21 at 9:00am, then set the date for this video Pin to Aug. 19, 9:00am, to give Pinterest 24 to 48 hours to review it.
Publishing a Video Pin
- Your video will be submitted to Pinterest for review at your scheduled time, not when you save it.
- Pinterest will take 24 to 48 hours to review your video.
- After Pinterest approves your video, it will be automatically published.
Note: When your video is awaiting approval, Submit will appear above the video on the Calendar. If Pinterest approves your video, Approved will appear above the video. If they reject your video, Rejected will appear above the video. Pinterest rejects videos that don't meet their community guidelines.
After your video Pin is published you can check your Pinterest Analytics to see how your Pin is performing!