Use your Pinterest business account to schedule video Pins to your boards!
- Pinterest video scheduling is only available on Later’s paid plans.
- Only Pinterest business accounts in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand can schedule video Pins.
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Video Pins are subject to approval by Pinterest.
- Video Pins are submitted to Pinterest for review at their scheduled time.
- Pinterest takes 24 to 48 hours to review video Pins.
Pinterest Video Format
Before you schedule a video, make sure it meets Pinterest's community guidelines. Pinterest supports videos that are:
- 4 seconds to 15 minutes long and up to 2GB in size.
- mp4, mov, and m4v files and H.264 or H.265 encoding. Pinterest does not support GIFs.
- Standard video sizes, including widescreen (16:9), square (1:1), and vertical (9:16, 4:5, 2:3).
- In English, French, or German (until they add support for more languages).
Scheduling a Video Pin
Use Later on the web to schedule a video Pin. Here's how:
- From your Calendar page, select your Pinterest profile.
- Drag and drop a video from your side library onto your Calendar.
- Select the board you want to post the video to by searching for the board’s name or scrolling through the list.
- Click Edit to crop the video and trim it for length.
- Select a thumbnail cover for the video.
- Write a description for the video.
- Add the full URL that the video links to (Pinterest doesn’t allow redirects or URL shorteners).
- Change the scheduled time if needed and hit Save to schedule your video.
Tip: If you want your video Pin to go out by a certain date, schedule it for 24 to 48 hours before this date to allow time for approval by Pinterest.
Example: If you need your video Pin to go out by Aug. 21 at 9:00am, then set the date for this video Pin to Aug. 19, 9:00am, to give Pinterest 24 to 48 hours to review it.
Publishing a Video Pin
Publishing a video Pin on Pinterest works differently than publishing on other platforms. Pinterest needs to approve your video before it goes live.
- Your video will be submitted to Pinterest for review at your scheduled time, not when you save it.
- Pinterest will take 24 to 48 hours to review your video.
- After Pinterest approves your video, it will be automatically published.
Video Pin Status
Later will keep you updated on the status of your video Pin. You'll see the status over your video Pin in the Calendar:
- Saved: Your video Pin has been saved and scheduled. It will be submitted to Pinterest for review at its scheduled time.
- Pending: Your video Pin has been submitted to Pinterest for review. Pinterest will take 24-48 hours to review it.
- Approved: Your video Pin has been reviewed and approved by Pinterest. It will be published once it's approved.
- Rejected: Your video Pin has been reviewed and rejected by Pinterest, and won't be published. Check out Pinterest’s community guidelines to see why your Pin was rejected.
After your video Pin is published you can check your Pinterest Analytics to see how your Pin is performing!