Not receiving your mobile notifications? Don't panic! Let's start by checking a few things 🐣
- Go to your Notification settings from your mobile device and make sure Later's notifications are enabled
IMPORTANT: If you're an IOS user you may want to add the notifications as Alerts. Banners flash and then disappear quickly so you may miss your notification.
2. Open the Later App and in the Account tab, select Push Notification Settings (IOS)/ Mobile Notifications (Android). Make sure all notifications are enabled for the social profile's you want to receive notifications for.
If these are all enabled, let's test a notification:
3. Go to Later on the web and into your Settings (Icon Gear). Next click My Devices and from there click Send Test Notification for your phone. If you receive this then your phone is connected properly.
You should receive a notification that says "Winter is Coming".
Still not receiving notifications on your iOS device?
Please follow these steps for a more aggressive refresh of your settings:
- Go into the Later iOS app -> Account -> Notifications -> de-select you Instagram account
- Sign out of the Later iOS app
- Delete the Later iOS app from your phone
- Log into the Later web app
- Download the Later iOS app again
- Sign back into the Later iOS app -> make sure to agree to the “Later Would Like to Send You Notifications” message
- Click into Account -> Notifications -> make sure your Instagram account is selected
- Refresh the Later web app and click “Send Test Notification”
Phew, you should now receive a “Winter is coming!” notification!
Auto Publishing to Instagram
If you have an Instagram business profile set up and are interested in saving time by having Later automatically publish your single image post, make sure to enable Auto Publish from Later on the web!