If you are having trouble successfully refreshing credentials, or if nothing is happening when you try to refresh, these steps should help!
If nothing is happening when you try to refresh your credentials:
- Disable your pop-up blocker: Later uses a pop up to help you login to Facebook to authenticate your profile.
- Go to Facebook.com and sign out: this prevents your browser from automatically signing you into Facebook.
If you are still having trouble refreshing your auto publishing connecting, it is best to try to reset your connection between Later and Facebook to make sure we have access to all your pages.
How to reset the connection between Later and Facebook:
These steps will help you to reset the connection between Facebook and Instagram:
1. Go to Facebook and log in with your personal profile
2. Go to you personal profile settings and go to Facebook Business Integrations
3. Remove Later from your Facebook Business Integrations (you do not need to tick the box removing Later posts). Here is a GIF going over it all!
4. Go back to Later
5. Try refreshing your credentials again
6. When prompted to give Facebook access to Later, click Choose what you allow
7. Expand all sections and make sure all permissions have been granted
Important: if you do not grant all the appropriate permissions to Later, this can prevent us from refreshing your credentials. Under the Choose what you allow menu, we need access to all the requested permissions, but especially the following:
- Business information you shared with this Business Integration
- This Business Integration can: Create a post in your Instagram Account
- This Business Integration can: send you notifications
This should reset the connection between Later and Facebook and allow us to authenticate your business profile!
If you are still having trouble refreshing your credentials, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.