You can schedule posts for Instagram on desktop and mobile.
Save time by scheduling your Instagram posts on your desktop -- making it easier to post consistently, write your captions, research hashtags, plan out the look of your feed, and organize your content.
Note: Publishing to Instagram needs to be done on a mobile device, as Instagram requires you to post through their app. Later sends you a mobile notification at the time you scheduled the post on your mobile phone or tablet (iOS or Android), and then opens the post in Instagram, ready for you to post. Find out more!
Step 1: Upload media into your Media Library
First, you will need to upload the content you want to schedule into your Later Media Library. You can upload content from your desktop, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Step 2: Create an Instagram post
After your content has uploaded into Later, you can start creating posts!
To create a post, drag and drop a media item from your Media Library on the side onto the calendar at the time you would like it scheduled.
Once you have created a post, you can:
- Write a caption for your post
- Use our Saved Captions
- Edit the crop of your post
- Adjust the time of your scheduled post
- Add a linkin.bio link (on our paid plans)
Make sure to hit Save once you're done!
Tip: Once you have scheduled some posts, you can check out what they will look like on Instagram with our Visual Instagram Planner! Rearrange your scheduled posts until you're happy with your Instagram feed!
Step 3: Publish your post on Instagram
When the time comes and your scheduled post is ready to go, you'll get a push notification on your connected mobile device to post your content to Instagram.
To publish your Instagram post, you will need to:
- Open the Mobile Notification in Later
- Preview the post in Later
- Check that you are logged into the right Instagram profile and click Open in Instagram
- iOS only: Select Copy to Instagram from the available apps
- Long press in the caption area on Instagram to paste your caption
- Hit Share in Instagram. and you've published successfully to Later!
Scheduling and publishing multi-photo posts in Instagram works a little differently - if you are looking to schedule and publish posts with multiple images and videos, check out this help guide!
Tip: Manage what mobile devices get notifications for each Instagram account in your Account Settings!