What does it mean to "Refresh my Credentials"?
Your credentials are permission tokens granted by social networks like Facebook and Instagram which allow Later to interact with with the profiles to access information required for the use of certain Later features. For example: for Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, credentials allow us to automatically post to the right account. On Instagram, your credentials allow you to:
- Use Search & Repost
- Like and comment on your own posts within Search & Repost
- Preview your scheduled posts on your Instagram feed with our Visual Instagram Planner
Occasionally these credentials will expire, and permission will need to be refreshed in order to re-establish a connection between Later and your social profiles.
Things that can cause your credentials to expire include:
- To protect your privacy the networks will expire your credentials periodically
- When you change the password on one of your accounts
- When any malicious actions have happened on your account (e.g. spammy activity)
How do I Refresh my Credentials?
Important: if you have a pop up blocker enabled on your browser please make sure to disable it before clicking Refresh. Otherwise, try it on another browser.
Go to Later on the Web, and from there click Settings (Gear Icon)
Next go to your Social Profiles and Groups page; from there, go to the Group that contains the social profile that needs to be refreshed.
Beside the social profile, click the Refresh button and log back in with your username and password for that social profile.